Monday, November 3, 2008

Mini updates

First I'll start this posts by saying that I went to weigh in last Thursday night after having missed the week before. The good news is that I had lost another 2.8 pounds in the 2 weeks, so that put me down a whole 12 pounds! I am currently at 170.2, which I have not been at in quite some time. I still have another 30 pounds to go to get at my ideal weight, but right now I'm focusing on getting to my 10% goal at WW, which is actually the light at the end of the tunnel for me. I think I could get there sooner if I actually exercised more, so I'm trying to really get a schedule going for more of that. It's just that every time I plan to work out in the morning, I end up getting called to the hospital. And right now, a paycheck is much more important than the workout.

In other news, I got my paycheck from the hospital this week and I'm happy to report that I was able to put in enough hours there to make up for my lost paycheck from getting laid off at the travel agency. That made me breathe a little sigh of relief, since I was worried about that. Plus I had gotten a message that there was an "issue" with my unemployment claim, so I knew I wasn't going to see any of that anytime soon. I'm now wondering if the issue is that I'm working too many hours to make the claim. We'll have to see; they are supposed to be sending me some kind of letter with the info on that.

Still trying to push Lexie into getting a different job and getting herself back on track. She did manage to get some babysitting in this weekend which gave her some extra cash. But she can't rely on that all the time; she still needs to actively get out there and look. Sigh. So hard for her to see our points of view, yet I know what I'm telling her is only for her benefits. You try not to make life so hard for your kids, but they end up testing the waters anyway. She's going to find out soon that life isn't a barrel of roses all the time.

That's about all here. It's a completely gorgeous day out and I am going to thoroughly enjoy the next 2 days here, before it turns rainy and cold and (ack) snowy!!

No comments: