Friday, October 24, 2008

Another weigh in (although its not an official one)

I didn't make it to Weight Watchers last night, but I did manage to weigh in at home. I was mildly surprised when I realized that I had lost yet another 1.8 pounds. I figured with all the stress going on, I wouldn't have been able to take anything off. But I'm glad that I am still losing....it continues to keep me motivated in the right direction anyway.

I think my daughter is trying to put me in an early grave! It's been non stop surprises, none of them good either. I'm not sure where her head is....2 weeks ago she hit a deer, because she was going somewhere with a friend, after telling us that she'd be home. Sigh. So we're dealing with that right now, the repairs from that accident. Two days ago, I found out that she'd gotten a speeding ticket.....20 miles over the limit, yikes! And the way I found out wasn't good either. I found out because she had overdrawn on her account to pay for that ticket. Since my name is on hers as a joint account (she opened it when she was under-age) the debit memo came to both of us. I proceeded to go through her checking account with her and found out that she hadn't been keeping track of her finances for quite some time, despite me getting on her about making sure she knew her balances. And then yesterday, when I went to the bank to take care of the overdrawn amounts and close the accounts (I didn't want my name on them anymore), I was again was surprised by the fact that she had written a check for $258 for a new cell phone, specifically AFTER I had told her not to get it right now. Sigh.

I don't know what's going on with her, but I'm done trying to give her advice or do anything for her anymore. I had been going to bat for her so many times with Tim, all the time not knowing that I was being played. So yeah, I'm done. She's going to learn the hard way and now she's pretty much broke and have to start over. I can't get her car transferred in her name (the title is in my name, so they won't take me off her loan), so she's going to have to play by MY rules, or she won't have a car to drive. And if she thinks or wants to move out that's fine....but her car won't go with her while the title is in my name...so yeah, she's pretty much messed her stuff up now.

I can't continue to carry the stress load that I've been carrying, because its going to make me even sicker than it already has. So I'm done worrying about saving her butt and let her make her own mistakes......but not at my cost. Tim and I will do our thing and let her figure out just what it is she wants out of life. We've had the talks, now its time for her to take action. I'd like to see her take some responsibility, get her head out of her butt and really get her head on straight. I know she can do it if she wants to....the question will be whether she really focuses on doing it. Only time will tell.

No comments: